Applicant may be eligible for a sign on/relocation bonus.
This position is located in La Mesa, San Diego County.
La Mesa is a city with many hidden treasures and lives up to its official motto: “Jewel of the Hills.” The “village area” in historical downtown exhibits a vibe of its own, with its antique shops and eclectic retail. Outdoors enthusiasts seek out La Mesa’s extensive hiking trails and recreation spots. With its sunny climate, La Mesa is the hidden jewel that needs to be discovered.
Day shift with variable hours as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BSN degree
- Current unencumbered California Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS certification for Healthcare Providers
- Current ACLS certification
- Recent 3-5 years management or leadership experience
- Recent Clinical Outpatient OR experience
- Knowledge of state, federal and the Joint Commission compliance guidelines
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills with varying levels of leadership, staff, and physicians
- Demonstrates strong organizational, management and leadership skills
- Demonstrates ability to provide high quality customer service to all customers
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and form a strong partnership with physicians
- Demonstrates ability to be proactive in developing and growing service lines for the Outpatient Surgery Center
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate and lead large, diverse, multi-disciplinary teams
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively work with boards, committees, vendors, and regulatory agencies
- Demonstrates a dynamic, flexible, positive attitude and leadership style to effectively lead change implementations
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in a health related study/field
- Previous or current PACU experience
- Specialty certification
This position is for the Manager for the Outpatient Surgery Center at Sharp Grossmont Hospital. The Clinical Manager is responsible for managing the Perioperative services, which includes the OR Suites and PACU. The Clinical Manager provides leadership to ensure smooth and efficient operations of this department and leads the team to provide quality outcomes while efficiently utilizing resources. This position is responsible for collaborating with leadership and building strong physician relationships to build volume for the service lines. The Clinical Manager's responsibilities also include business development, marketing, budgeting, staffing, quality assurance, and regulatory compliance for the department.
The Outpatient Surgery Center is a free-standing building located within the Sharp Grossmont Hospital campus. This is a full service, 6-OR suites surgery center performing 300 surgeries a month with cases such as: general, orthopedics, ophthalmology, and otorhinolaryngology. The PACU provides Phase I and II recovery.
Sharp Grossmont Hospital is a 542-bed Magnet designated hospital, located in La Mesa. It is the largest health care facility in East San Diego County and is renowned for nursing excellence and commitment to providing the highest quality of care. Sharp Grossmont Hospital offers programs in cardiac care, oncology, women's services, pediatric services, rehabilitation, orthopedics, mental health and hospice.
Sharp HealthCare is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/D/V).
Each new hire candidate who is offered employment must pass a physical evaluation, urine drug screen and pre-employment background checks before starting work.
Keywords: 53378 Manager Grossmont Plaza Surgery Center, Outpatient Surgery, Perioperative, PACU, Manager